Assistant Store Director- Costa Mesa, CA - South Coast Plaza
Job title:Assistant Store Director- Costa Mesa, CA - South Coast Plaza
Experience:Minimum 5 years
Contract Type:Permanent Job
The Assistant Store Director responsible for all aspects of the Boutique business including sales generation, store operations and team and client development. They are a FENDI Brand Ambassador and a business leader, accountable for overall store performance. The managing of the store, employees, merchandise and supporting all activities to achieve store targets will lead to positive experience for the internal and external client.
Business Development and Performance Management:
• Drive sales performance for overall business.
• Analyze the business, propose, and implement action plans to improve results.
• Partner with Store Director to develop a sales strategy, working cross-functionally with corporate partners.
• Identify new opportunities to attract and retain clients.
• Presence on the sales floor, empower sales staff to meet assigned sales through an authentic client experience and communicate goal expectations.
• Partner with Retail Events Office for the organization of local events.
• Leveraging the Retail Training Team to help identify actions and learning strategies to support our agile business needs and ensuring each store is equipped with a 360 vision of the business which continuously supports elevating the in-store Client Experience
• Partner with Store Director to craft strategies, in collaboration with all departments, optimize performance and elevate the Client Experience.
• Lead customer service quality, to meet customer expectations by offering excellent customer service and leading by example amongst the team.
• Develop Fendi customers, implement CRM tools and maintain customer database.
• Act as brand ambassador to strengthen/establish relationships with VIP clientele/prospect customers. Cultivate a private appointment culture.
• Lead and plan activities in-store to deliver client service results with full support of regional teams and corporate departments.
Administrative & Operations Management:
• Ensure harmony between front of house and back of house.
• Complete all vital administrative paperwork in a timely manner.
• Control daily invoices petty cash and take vital actions to optimally control costs and ensure efficient operation in store.
• Review and submit sales and operational reports to management in adherence to company’s critical metrics and policies.
• Ensure maintenance of cycle counts, inventory accuracy and shrink requirements.
• Supervise operational performance of all store operations inclusive of inventory flows and accuracy, team operational efficiency, stock organization and training through hands on coaching in store and partnership with retail therefore ensuring proven operational knowledge for all team members, expansive of new hires, with continuous mentor in support of service excellence.
• Analyze and supervise store stock productivity, driving efficient operations inclusive of scheduling, timely deliveries, organization teams to deliver outstanding client experience FOH & BOH with positive relationship across departments.
• Build an encouraging and positive culture to develop and empower staff through goal setting, performance monitoring, monthly catch-up meetings and storewide meetings in order to coach and deliver timely feedback.
• Attract and recruit the best talent available in the market through networking and scouting.
• Proactively assess performance and growth potential of individual staff members to create a strong team benchmark and promote career paths. Conduct new hire training.
• Minimum 5 years of management experience, luxury preferred
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
• Strong understanding of luxury fashion industry and luxury clientele
• Ability to understand and apply all company policies and procedures
• Ability to develop, empower, and train leadership team and staff, build strong internal and external relationships, apply skills of workforce most appropriately to increase business results
• Effectively delegate tasks and follow-up with team
• Adjust priorities and handle time wisely in a fast-paced environment
• Communicate and listen attentively to others, understand material, and provide instructions to all employees
• Strong interpersonal, communication, organization, and follow-through skills
• Must have flexible schedule: including some nights, weekends, and holidays